Palais DarOuladna, Marrakech.
The itinerary for the next 3 weeks is as follows :
Palais DarOuladna 2 nights
Busabout Imperial Cities Tour 10 days
Surf Berbere: Surf & Yoga 8 days
And the last 2 nights are open to suggestions I gather along the way.
My guidebook of choice is as always the
Lonely Planet. What I know so far about Morocco courtesy of the Lonely Planet is:
- Muslim country.
- "Dry" country. ie No alcohol served except in international hotels and some supermarkets.
- No bacon/pork.
- Running water came to the Taghazout beach area in 2010!!
- People dress modestly. For women it's important to cover shoulders and knees.
- Mint tea is the main tea /drink
- Morocco is home of the Sahara desert
- It is currently Ramadan, the Muslim period of fasting and prayer before Eid.
- The currency is Dirham
- The main language is Arabic. Berber is spoken in rural areas and a lot of French is spoken in the cities.