The centres' main objectives are:
* Improve health and mobility through diet, exercise and hygiene.
* Enable access to medical help.
* Empower women who care for disabled children.
* Strengthen the self-esteem of children and carers.
* Show them how to support themselves.
Holy Union Sisters, Tanzania
Specially adapted equipment and toys are provided and as soon as they arrive the mothers get to work on their children. Physiotherapists and other medical professionals visit from time to time to examine the children and to give training to the staff.
Most walk to the centre but there is also a bus which picks up mothers and children. This bus is fully funded by a donor also.